A recipe for vanilla ice cream or to use as a base for other flavors.
1 cup whole organic milk
2 cups organic heavy cream
1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
130 grams white sugar
18 grams invert sugar
2 egg yolks
1. Combine milk, cream and sugars in a small sauce pan on medium heat
2. Lightly beat egg yolks.
3. While stirring constantly, add the egg yolks to the base and heat to 180 F.
4. Remove and immediately chill the hot ice cream base in an ice water bath.
5. Strain and refrigerate 12 – 14 hours.
6. Process in an ice cream machine, freeze and enjoy.