One of those family favorites and a classic of Japanese home-style cooking. The Bull Dog brand tonkatsu sauce is a must have with this dish. Serve with grated cabbage, rice and miso soup.
Recipe for Chicken Katsu
1. Chicken breast, de-boned and skinned
2. Soy bean oil
5 Salt and Pepper
6. Panko bread crumbs
7. Tonkatsu sauce
8. Lemon slice
1. Fillet the chicken breast so they have an even thickness. If the chicken is thicker than 1/4 inch you will prolong the cooking time and the breading may become too brown. We are looking for a nice golden brown when done cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare your station. You will need a bowl or flour, lightly beat eggs and some panko.
3. If the chicken is overly moist, the breading will not stick well. Pat dry with a paper towel if needed.
4. Dust the each chicken breast with flour, lightly dip in the egg, and apply the panko breading.
5. Deep fry in 350 degree soy bean oil until done. Cooking time is about 4 minutes, but slice them before serving and check to see that they are properly cooked.
6. That’s it.