Chilled Buckwheat Noodles with Grilled Alaskan Salmon Recipe
This beautiful and healthy dish is a staple on a hot summer day, so light and refreshing yet full of healthy ingredients to keep your body and soul satisfied throughout the day. Many of the preparations can be done ahead of time making this dish a smart choice for entertaining or an easy to prepare meal for the family.
- 250 grams dried buckwheat noodles (soba)
- 1 pound Alaskan Coho Salmon portioned into 4 slices
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant
- 1 medium tomato
- 2-3 spring green onions or chives
- 4 leaves shiso optional
- 2 or more cups oil for frying
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup bonito flakes lightly packed
- Gather up all your ingredients.
- Make ponzu sauce (follow instructions below).
- Prep the vegetables by chopping tomato and green onions or chives and keep them in the refrigerator. Cut eggplants into 1-inch strips then fry them in oil until soft.
- Start the grill!
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. When the grill is ready, grill the salmon about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and set side.
- Cook the soba, buckwheat noodles, according to the package. When noodles are done, take them out on a colander then rinse them under chilled running water. Drain soba noodles well and portion the noodles equally into four pasta dishes.
- Arrange salmon, eggplants and tomato on top of the chilled soba noodles. Garnish the dish with green onions and shiso leaves. Drizzle ponzu sauce before serving. Serve cold.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar and lemon in a small pot. Heat the pot gradually until the soy mixture is hot. Take the pot off the heat then add bonito flakes. Set it aside for 15 minutes then strain the sauce. Chill the ponzu in refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Mention @TanpopoStudio or tag #TheJapaneseKitchen!
Sitka Salmon Shares
I am happy to announce our collaboration with Sitka Salmon for our fish recipes throughout this summer and fall. Sitka Salmon is an Alaskan fisherman’s collective delivering fresh, wild caught seafood directly to your door. Learn more about how you can enroll in a late summer share for 2019 at sitkasalmonshares.com and use the special code WILD50 for $50 off your first-month share!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.