- 1 1/4 cup milk (2% organic is best)
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of 1/2 lemon
Makes about five servings.
- Steep milk, cream, green tea (matcha) powder, and lemon zest together in small sauce pan.
- Beat eggs, egg yolk and sugar.
- Combine green tea milk, eggs and heavy cream in large bowl. Mix well.
- Strain mixture using fine sieve.
- Pour into ramkin or creme brulee dish.
- Bake in water bath (covered) at 325 for 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick. When done the custard will not cling to the toothpick. Careful not to overcook.
- Cool well in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, give the creme brulee a good dusting of sugar, use an inexpensive propane torch or creme brulee torch to carmelize sugar and enjoy.