I really love this dish. It’s tangy and refreshing – especially good during the summer. Best of all, it’s really simple and the preparation is forgiving (precision isn’t all that necessary here).
For the spicy vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1-2 tablespoon chili paste
- dash of seseame oil
- dash of light sesame
- 1 Nappa cabbage washed and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- Sesame oil
- Heat sesame oil in medium sized skillet.
- Saute cabbage for several minutes under medium high heat. Cabbage should be cook and slightly crisp.
- Add cabage to vinaigrette and chill.
- Served chilled and garnish with sesame seeds or shichimi.