Coconut Milk Curry, Spinach, Kabocha Squash
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock unsalted
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 1/4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and cut 1/2 pound
- 1 medium red sweet pepper julienned
- 1/2 pound kabocha squash cored, peeled and cut
- 1/2 bunch cilantro stem and leaves separate and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoon water
- Heat 3.5 qt saute pan on low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, curry paste and chopped cilantro stems and saute until fragrant. Add solidified part of coconut milk and mix well. Add chicken stock then kabocha and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While Kabocha is cooking, saute red peppers with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil, season lightly with salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- When kabocha is almost tender, add the liquid part of the coconut milk and bring to boil. Add spinach, sauteed red pepper, fish sauce, chopped cilantro leaves and 1 teaspoon of salt. Taste test and adjust to your taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water. Bring coconut curry to a gentle boil and slowly add cornstarch mixture. Stir the curry as it thickens abit. Turn the heat off. Serve hot.