Chicken Wings in Soy-Ginger Sauce
This is an original recipe from our restaurant, Tanpopo Noodle Shop and enjoyed by our customers for many years. Made-to-order and freshly served for a delicious, succulent chicken wings.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 20 pieces
- 20 pics chicken wings and drumsticks about 2.5 pounds
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger julienne
- 1/2 cup corn starch or more
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup sake
- 1/4 cup water
- Make the sauce by heating the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sake, sugar and water. Set it aside. (This sauce will keep up to 2 weeks in refrigerator. )
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Pat dry the wings and drumsticks. Dust them with cornstarch then deep fry until cooked through, about 10 minutes. (note: work in batches so not to over crowd the pot with oil.)
- Heat the sauce in a frying pan and add wings and drumsticks. Coat wings and drumstick with the sauce.
- Plate wings and drumsticks with sauce. Garnish with fresh ginger.