Probably the most frequently requested recipe from Tanpopo Noodle Shop was the salad dressing. A simple recipe, but when made with freshly toasted, ground sesame seeds, this dressing has a depth of flavor that’s hard to beat. As an extra benefit, it’s also extremely versatile.
Sesame Miso Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, Natural Toasted
- 1/8 cup Granulated Whiet Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce Such as Kikkoman
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil Such as Soybean Salad Oil
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil Such as Kadoya
- 1/4 cup White Miso
- Grind toasted sesame seeds using Suribachi (Japanese mortar and pestle).
- Add sugar to Suribachi and grind them together until fragrant and seeds are borken up. Scrape all sides and transfer it into a bowl or jar large enough to hold about 5 cups of liquid.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar to 2 and mix well. Gradually add cooking oil and sesame oil and continue mixing.
- Add miso to 3 and mix until miso is well combined with other ingredients and smooth.