If you enjoy eating at Izakaya, a Japanese bar, and are not much of a cook (or not want to cook), this recipe is it for you. In this quick and effortless recipe, black cod and mushrooms are seasoned and wrapped in a foil pouch and backed in an oven. Trapping much-infused flavor of all the ingredients, all you need to do is to tear the foil open and enjoy it with sake or beer. No cleaning necessary!
Foil-Yaki Style Black Cod and Mushrooms
- 1/4 pound black cod (sabe fish) with or without skin
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms such as shiitake, enoki, and oysters
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tabespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sake
- 1 slice lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- sprinkle black cod with salt and pepper.
- In the center of aluminum foil, place the fish. On top and around it, arrange mushroom and green onions. Drizzle with soy sauce and sake.
- Cut butter in half and arrange them on top of fish and mushrooms. Place a lemon slice on top.
- Fold up the foil into a packet and crimp edges so packet is tightly sealed.
- Place the foil pouch on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Place the foil package on a plate and let your guest open it her/himself. Serve hot.
Thank you, Sitka Salmon, for sponsoring this post!