Here’s a simple, healthy side dish with a lot of color – perfect for summer. Nothing too much to say here, except this recipe is best if you can find some really good local peppers from your farmer’s market. It’s all about the quality of the ingredients.
Bell Peppers…… 3 different colors ( in this recipe we have red, yellow and green)
Toasted Sesame Seeds……. 1 tablespoon
Soy Sauce….. 1 tablespoon
Mirin……. 1/2 tablespoon
Green Shiso…. chopped, for a garnish
Light Olive Oil…..for frying, about 1 tablespoon or less
1. Using your suribachi (mortar and pestle), grind sesame seeeds.
2. Add in mirin and soy sauce to ground sesame seeds and make a sauce.
3. Wash and cut bell peppers into thin strips.
4. Saute peppers under high heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Combine with the sesame sauce, plate and garnish with chopped shiso. If you do not have shiso, parsley is a good substitute.